It's Kind of My Hang Out

Saturday, August 31, 2013


I love Scooters.  And not just any Scooters.  One in particular.  It's very close to my house.  The girls are sweet and they know exactly what I want.

"Large green tea blender with mango and a chocolate muffin not warmed?"

"That's it!"

"That will be $22.50."

Not really.  But still.  It's not cheap.  It's a splurge that I do about once a week.  Ok...sometimes two.
I like coming here because I'm alone but I'm not alone.  It just feels safe.  And I like the chatter of the baristas.  The grind of coffee.  The...

"Thank you for choosing Scooters!  Order when your readeeee!"

I have a spot too.  A tiny round table in the corner by the window.  Not much of a  view but still nice.




I blog here.  I meal plan here.  I journal here. The time goes really fast.  I can easily spend two or three hours here.

I don't mind if someone comes with me.  But I don't want to talk.  If my husband had a laptop...I think he would come more often.  Micah joined me in the summer.  He would put his headphones on and watch Friday Night Lights on his phone.

But I like to come by myself too.
It's something I do for myself.  I always feel refreshed and my mind a little clearer when I walk out the door.

And $8.50 poorer.

 



Comments:

Leave a Reply