Time for letting go

Monday, June 3, 2013



Whatever you may have thought this post was about, I assure you that you are wrong. 

It's about my favorite towel.  Through the years I thought this was a common thing and have surveyed people to see if they had a favorite towel.

 They don't.  They thought I was strange. 

Little did they know.  HA HA.

My beloved towel joined our household accidentally about eight years ago.  We were on a trip somewhere and stayed at a Super 8.

My towel made it's way into the dirty clothes bag and came home with me. 

It's not stealing if you don't know you have taken it. 

It got thrown into the laundry and folded and put away with our other towels.  Only this one was...different. 

It was thin.  Scratchy.  A dingy white. 

It reminded me of the ones I used growing up.  Towels so worn that you could see through them.  There was no money for dryer sheets so our towels were rough.  Not only that, at times they were hung outside to dry and when folded they were down right crispy. 

I loved them. 

And I loved my newly acquired towel. 

I made sure it was always in my bathroom and not the boys.  They had no respect for my towel.  My husband would use it every so often and I would hold in my irritation.  He must have felt my resentment because it wasn't long before he would save the towel and hang it over the shower so it was ready for me. 

Time and use have aged my dear towel.





I kind of like to think of the shredded edges as a built in loop for my towel hook.




But....I think it's time.  I recently found this...




I believe that someone mistakenly thought my towel was a garage rag and used it to wipe up some grease. 

Sigh.

I guess I don't blame them.  Some of the garage rags look better then my towel. 

So with a heavy heart, it's time to say goodbye. Maybe a origami shape for a proper send off?




How about a heart to show the love?




Good bye sweet towel.  You have been with me through thick and thin.  And....thinner and thicker.   You will be missed but not forgotten. 

That is until I find another just like you.  Or even close. 

And recently someone else had to let something he loved go....




He's cringing.  Poor kid.  But his hair was.....I don't know how to describe it.  It reminded me of the stinky kid in my third grade class.  Kind of like Ernie's on Sesame Street. 
We had a little fun with it before it was shaved off.



HA HA!  His dad's face is just as funny.




Goofball.



He was sad.  But I was so happy.  All that hair kind of creeped me out for some reason.
I told him he could grow it out again.  Just not as long as it was.  He was OK with that. 


Comments:

Leave a Reply