My Office

Sunday, June 30, 2013



Saturday night I spent the whole evening in my office.  I felt pretty good and tried not to obsess about things.  I started by just clearing out the trash.  I filed away paper work and stuffed the other "To-Do's" in a drawer.




I promised myself that I would not start any projects.  But I did finish a couple.  I put up the yellow clock.  It came with the house.  I think it was in the laundry room.  I love it. 





I got the orange picture frame at Target.  I finally put a print in it.



My favorite Beatles song is "Here Comes the Sun." I love the words.  I wanted to make something with the lyrics on it.  I tried painting about four canvases. I wasn't happy with any of them.  The colors were off.  The lettering was stupid.  All of them made me feel bad about myself and my crafting skills. 

I kept thinking....this is ridiculous. I just want a canvas with words on it!  Art is supposed to be fun!  I stopped over analyzing and being so picky and just cut strips of paper that I liked and slapped some stickers on it. 




I kind of like it!  And it was fun!




I made the canvas below it awhile back.  I kind of want this wall to be things that I love and or make.  Planning to switch it up or add things over time. 


This book shelf was already organized. 



And so was this one




I would like to paint this someday.  Maybe a pale yellow.

The other side of the room I didn't spend to much time on.  I have big plans...like getting a couch.  Also maybe a real TV cabinet.  In the meantime I want to make some pillows for the chairs.  And sew a padded cover for the table so we can use it as a ottoman.





And eventually I would like to paint the file cabinets that the corion slab is sitting on.  And get new handles for the drawers.  I need to clean up the space underneath the desk too.




But I'm pretty happy with what I did.  Because at the beginning of the week....I couldn't even force myself to walk in there. 

Maybe the depression is lifting.  It's hard to type those words in case it's a false hope and I have weeks more of this. 

But maybe...


Comments:

Leave a Reply