Does this happen to you?

Wednesday, June 26, 2013





A couple weeks ago I went to Target. 

These days I don't have the energy to even get gas.  Let alone tackle something as large as a supermarket. 

But when I do feel good...i could spend hours here. 

I only had two things to purchase.

TWO. THINGS.

I was determined to stay focused. But on my way to the bacon (for BLT's) I saw these.



 It made me want to plan a party. I used to throw alot of parties.  They were good parties too!

I wonder if I will ever have the strength to do that again.

Then I saw this.




 I had to get it. I don't know why.  It just made me happy. And when I find something that makes me happy I hold on tight to it.

 I thought of my friend. She moved into a new house.

I love her.

She has been through some of the same things I am going through. She checks up on me every so often. I get anonymous cards in the mail about once a month. I know they are from her.  She's been through alot herself.  If anyone deserves a housewarming gift it's her.

There is nothing more satisfying then putting a gift together for someone you love. I had to buy those napkins. And that little box.

Then I found these. Perfect!





Last stop is the dollar section which is like the dollar store only with much cooler stuff. 








After one and a half hours I had done enough damage and it was time to go.  I get in line.  Put all my stuff on the conveyor belt.  Then remembered that I had forgotten one of the things I had came for.  I pick up all my goods and apologize to the cashier and the people behind me.



Jeans for my boy. 

Two hours and seventy five dollars (ok who am I kidding.... One hundred and thirty two dollars) later I am finally checking out and leaving Target.

I was anxious to get home.  To put the gift together.



Not so anxious to deal with this...



(If you look closely I do believe there is a soccer ball on my counter top.)

Oh Target.  You are a time and money sucker.

But I just can't stop visiting you. 


Comments:

Leave a Reply