Camping is not glamorous

Friday, June 14, 2013


This is me without makeup.  Although you probably didn't notice.  Ha ha!  But seriously....there really isn't a point in getting prettied up.  Because it's camping.

 It's dirty. 

 It's buggy.

 It's hot at times and other times it's freezing.

 It means peeing on trees.  And that's not just for the boys. 

I have been tent camping in primitive camp sites.  And the thing I really missed the most was not being able to wash my hands.  Hand sanitizer can only clean so much.  And the other thing is that there is no space to really put your stuff.  So when we got our pop-up I was thrilled.

  It has a sink.


This is so nice.  I can wash my hands and  brush my teeth without spitting outside. 
Under the white cover is a stove.  A great bonus. 

Underneath the stove is a refrigerator.  Another bonus...


So aside from the regular camping food like hamburgers and hot dogs,  we were able to have other things.  Like steak tacos. 


Even with the camper, it's still hard to keep things tidy.  There is stuff covering every surface.




And the dirt?  Well, it's impossible to keep out.



However the advantages is that you are outside, but still protected from the elements.  You get to hear the birds at 4 am.  Which can be annoying but also soothing.  You get to smell the pine trees and the mountain air at all times. 
It's also a heck of a lot cheaper then staying in a hotel. 

However.

 After five days of using public toilets and showers, sleeping with a few bugs in my bed and constantly digging for stuff because I kept forgetting where I put it....I was over it. 

So we left a day early.  We got home around midnight.  I was so tired but knew i couldn't sleep without a shower.  In MY shower. 

The water beating on my sunburned neck never felt so good. 

P.S. I'm taking a little blogging break till Monday.  I haven't been feeling the best.  And by that I mean that I don't have the flu.  Or a cold.  I guess I could say I have a flu in my mind.  Or a head cold.  Oh wait....that's still a cold. 
Anyway...I've been working on a really long post that has been keeping me awake at night, making my stomach queezy and my head hurt.  But I have to write it out or I will go crazy.  Crazier.  I'll post part one on Monday.  I told you it was long.
Hopefully my mood will improve over the next few days.  It may.  Or it may not.  I am feeling fairly rotten today.  So any improvement tomorrow will be appreciated.  I guess we will see.
Have a good weekend and see you Monday. 


Comments:

Leave a Reply