Love for Skirts

Tuesday, May 21, 2013



**** First of all I wrote this post on Sunday.  I try to write a couple when I feel good and when I have time.  Then I can post one a day or every other day.  The problem is when something devastating like the Oklahoma tornado happens and then I have a post like this one about my obsession with skirts and it just feels so....insignificant and petty.  And quite frankly embarrassing.  But tonight I am tired.  Its 9:30 and I have only been home for a hour.  My boss had a party tonight.  I cleaned her house today and then stayed  and  bartended, served food and then cleaned up.  My body is fried and so is my brain. 
But I want to write about the school children who lost their lives.  The absolute terror they must have felt.  The people who have lost everything.
My own fear of storms and tornado's. 
But I just don't have the words tonight. 
And so you get this post about silly skirts. 
It's all I've got. 
Maybe it's better then nothing.
Or maybe I should have held off with it.
Either way, here it is.  Just know that my heart isn't in the same place when I wrote it.  It's aching for Oklahoma and the people that have lost so much. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have alot.  And if I tell you how many, please don't judge.

I have 63.

 But that includes winter skirts!  Which doesn't really make the number any better.  I mean, just knowing that I have separate winter and summer skirts makes me feel a bit of a fanatic.  I brought all my summer skirts upstairs and stored the winter ones in a downstairs closet. 

Skirts are just....fun.  I love the colors and fabric and how free they feel.  I wear one every chance I get.  I wear jeans and a tee shirt everyday to work.  So on my day off and the weekends, I want to wear something else.  I do have some summery dresses that I've been wearing with my boots now that the weather is nicer. I didn't count my dresses.  I think I may have around ten.  Maybe ten casual and ten fancy.  That's not to crazy.  Or is it?  I don't know.


I realize it's excessive.  And my problem is when I go shop for new clothes I always head straight for the skirts.  Even though I just unpacked my  shorts and they are old and faded and my boss is probably tempted to give me some money to buy some new ones. 
I would probably wear a skirt to work but the tennis shoes and skirt thing is not a good look.

I have alot of shirts too. 


This summer I am trying something different.  I hung all my skirts and shirts backwards.  At the end of summer I am determined to get rid of anything that is still hanging that way.  I have way to much of everything and with my mind being a little on the crazy side sometimes looking at all the options makes me a little crazier. 


I hope Goodwill thanks me at the end of summer.



Comments:

Leave a Reply