Bluff Creek

Monday, May 13, 2013


We loaded up Saturday morning and headed three hours east. 


One thing we love about Bluff Creek is that you can set up camp anywhere.  We always camp in the same general area though. It's just far enough away from the trails so that riders aren't constantly coming through here.   Bluff Creek is free.  And it has flushable toilets!  And showers! 

We unloaded the bikes and set up camp.





 And when I say "we" I mean, the boys and the husband did everything and I read a book. 

Then it was time to put our gear on.  I will admit, before we started riding, I would see people with these ridiculous outfits on and think...."That looks ridiculous!"



Alot of it is for safety.  Obviously you have to wear a helmet.  The  goggles  keep the dust out of your eyes.  The boots are a must.  They prevent you from crushing your ankles if you wipe out.  We also have chest protectors.  And my youngest has a neck protector. 






As for the jerseys and pants...In the beginning we protested.  Tried to ride with jeans and t-shirts.  It just wasn't comfortable.  So we joined the club.  And you don't look so funny in the club because everyone is wearing the same stuff. 




If you look closely at my gear you'll see I'm splattered with mud. 


The trails were muddy and I ripped right through it.  It was awesome. 


I was picking mud out of my hair all night long.

After riding the trails we went to the big track. 




I do like to ride.  But the best part for me is watching everyone else.  They love it so much. 

More later....


Comments:

Leave a Reply