Lincoln

Tuesday, July 9, 2013



I grew up in Lincoln Nebraska.  I tried to find a image of something that represents Lincoln.  I googled it and the majority of the pictures were Memorial Stadium and the state capital, which alarmingly looks like a male body part and this is a family blog so I opted for the stadium pic.  My other options were   people I didn't know and houses I have never seen, plus a few pictures of the university.  Which I didn't attend. 

I have been to a few football games so at least I don't feel like I'm cheating with a picture of somewhere I have never been. 

But this post isn't about football. 

Or Lincoln really. 

On Saturday me and my husband spent the day together running around my hometown.  My mom had created a fantastic list of places that she knew I would love.  She wrote us about seven different notes full of instructions and other things.  I took a picture of all of them and was going to post it but decided not too. 

I kind of want to keep her words to myself. 

Anyway, we woke up fairly early and had breakfast here. 



I don't think we have Greenfields in Omaha.  It was good and fairly cheap.  Especially because we split a meal. 

Next stop was a Goodwill.  My mom had listed several and had assigned them stars on how she felt they rated.  I knew I had to go to the one with the most stars because my mom knows her Goodwills.  And she was right about this one. 



My favorite is the red shirt.

Love the ruffles.



Of course I had to look at the skirts.  I found this one. 




I realize that I already have a insane amount of skirts.  But I wear them all the time!  And besides...look how cute this one is!  The lines! The flare!

I need help.

Target was just around the corner from the Goodwill so we stopped for coffee and a few other things. 


While we were sitting, I saw this cute couple. 




I love how he is pulling the chair out for her and she looks so cute in her denim vest.  I bet you a hundred bucks there is a Kleenex in one of her pockets. 

Next stop was a shop called Good Things.  It's located in a big red house. 




Every room was full of fun and interesting goodies. 

I bought this...



And this....


It reminded me of my sons.

We were starting to get hungry.  We had a gift card for Cold Stone Creamery so guess where we went for lunch.


Barnes and Noble was close by so he let me go in and smell the books.

Last stop was Home Depot to buy some flowers to jazz up my mom and dad's deck. 

After that we headed back to my parents house.   

It was a good day. 

How could it not be? Time with my husband.   Ice cream for lunch. Score at goodwill.  A bookstore, and a cool house full of weird and useful things. 

I'd give it five stars. 


Comments:

Leave a Reply