IF I HAD A GIRL

Thursday, July 18, 2013


I have always wondered what kind of mother I would be to a girl.  I have a feeling I would definitely be harder on her then my boys.

Having a girl scares me.

 How in the world would I be able to raise a confident, strong daughter when she would see me loathe my body, change my clothes three times in disgust, second guess everything I do and scream for the boys to take care of anything I don't want too.

I would be so afraid that she would turn out just like me.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.





So I am better off with boys.  However that doesn't stop me from thinking about the fun things about having a girl.

I would love to decorate her room like this....



(apartment therapy)


Or like this....




I cringe at all the princess and Barbie stuff.  That said I was the girliest girl ever and wanted to be Cinderella more then anything.  I also would have no problem buying my niece princess stuff.  But if I had a girl.....I think I would stay as far away from that stuff as possible.  I came across a photographer named Jaime Moore.  Her daughter was turning five and when she researched themes for a birthday party....about 95 percent was Disney Princesses.  Check out what she did instead.

 Seriously.  Check it out.

 The photographs are some of the most beautiful  I have ever seen.  Read the quotes too.  My favorite is Helen Keller.

http://www.jaimemoorephotography.com/2013/05/09/not-just-a-girl/

Of course a girl in our family would have to ride a dirt bike.  And i can just imagine how my heart would swell if she beat the boys.  She would be the next Tarah Gieger!





My boys don't like to read and my girl surely would and we would pick out books together and read them and talk about what we thought!




I know I'm dreaming here.  I would most likely get a girl like this.....





She would probably be mouthy and difficult and refuse to let me decorate her room, fight with her brothers and hate reading.

Still.....a girl can dream.


Comments:

Leave a Reply