I have some questions

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

prgrsvimg/th?id=H.4874758881739694&w=103&h=103&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90



I have read about twenty books and scoured countless Internet sites on how to care for a elderly person who is dying. 

I still have some questions.  Why can't I find answers for these?  I really want to know.

1)  Will she die at home?

2)  How long will she be bedridden?

3)  Or will she even be bedridden?

4)  Will it be peaceful?

5)  Will it be agony for her?

6)  How will I feel?  Shock?  Sadness?  Relief?

7)  Will I be there?

8)  If I'm not there, will I feel sad and disappointed that I missed her last breath?

9)  Who will I hug first?

10)  What will be the first phone call that I make?

11)  Will the family push me out because I'm not "family?"

12)  Will a nurse be there?  Will hospice be involved?

13)  Will she have that last spurt of energy I have read about?

14)  During her last days will she turn angry and say things she doesn't mean?

15)  Will she talk to people who are not there?  Should I play along with this?

16)  Does the "death rattle"  really sound like a rattle?

17)  Will she stop eating and drinking?

18)  Will I get to say goodbye?  What will I say?

19)  How much time do I have left with her?

20)  HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE LEFT WITH HER?


Comments:

Leave a Reply