Eight Weeks

Monday, November 4, 2013


I wonder when I'll stop counting the weeks.  And start saying months.  Like today...it's been eight weeks since my boss died.  But on November ninth it will be two months.  Maybe after twelve weeks I will say three months.  I wonder when I will stop counting period.  And I'll have to count the months on my fingers to see how long it's been.

The dogs have stopped looking for her.  They used to run into the house and check her office.  Then her bathroom.  Then the kitchen.

Now they just know.


They have been such troopers that I bought them some new toys.  They were so happy.

I'm so glad they are around for the Bossman.  They are always so excited when they see him.

There is still a sadness in the house.  Even if they have stopped looking for her.

Sometimes I still do.


Comments:

Leave a Reply