Croutons, Cramps and Creuset

Monday, November 25, 2013



Have you ever made croutons?  You should try it.  Cut a thick loaf of bread or rolls into cubes.  Toss with melted butter and garlic power.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or so.

Try and eat less then five.   You won't be able to.  



I have cramps of the female sort today.  The cold weather intensifies them.   I took a shower to warm up.  When my boss was alive, we would run her lotion bottle under hot water to warm it.  It was so much more soothing.

I decided to try it for myself.  I took my lotion bottle in the shower with me and after I dried off, before I even got out,  I smeared the warm lotion on my legs.  

Why have I not done this before now?



Le Creuset is a brand of cast iron enamel cookware.  The manufacturer makes a variety of cookware but when I think of Le Creuset....this dutch oven is what I think of.

Mine is not Le Creuset.  It's from Target  (Giada De Laurentiis).  I absolutely love it.  I think the appeal is that it can go from stove top, to oven, to table.

I can brown the meat on the stove, slow cook it in the oven and then serve it right from the pot because it's so darn pretty.

Le Creuset has a gorgeous blue color.  If I could....I would purchase this....


Pretty!!!

And this set too...



The price is a tad hefty.  The first picture is a thousand bucks and the second is around five hundred.

Yikes.

That's why I don't have Le Creuset.
 I have Giada.
 From Target.  But it's still a great pot.  It's really heavy.  It cooks food evenly.  It's fairly easy to clean.  Mine was around a hundred dollars on sale.  It is a splurge.  But if you love cooking, you will use it often.

I was going to talk about the deer triplets I saw today on my bosses property but I wasn't sure how to tie it in....Croutons, Cramps, Creuset and Triplets?

That just doesn't make since.

But I guess this entire posts doesn't make alot of since.

It's just stuff I was thinking about today.

 This is a hard week for me.  Alot of reasons.  One is that every year for the past five, I traveled to Arizona with my boss to help her with Thanksgiving guests.  Maybe i'll post more on that later.  Maybe I won't.

I'm really teary tonight.  Just thinking about everything.  Her.  Changes in my house.  Changes in my life.  Some of it is good stuff.  But change is still hard.

Hey!  I could have named this post....Croutons, Cramps, Creuset and Change.

No.  That sounds weird.  I'll just leave it as is.

When my son was little he once called "croutons" "curtains".

Funny.

I must be tired.

I'll go now....



Comments:

Leave a Reply