Perfect

Tuesday, October 8, 2013






Last week, I went to lunch with a kind and generous soul.  She was a friend of my boss.

Let's call her Mary.

The past few months, Mary would text me and ask what she could do for my boss.  She would beg me to tell her what she could send.  I would think hard and come up with something that my boss had mentioned.

Slippers.  Lotion.  Soup.

Near the end I couldn't think of anything so I told her to just send funny cards.  She sent the ones that played a little tune when you opened it.  My boss got such a kick out of them.

After she died,  Mary would text me to see how I was doing.  She sent me comforting words.

At lunch we talked for three hours.  She also gave me a very generous gift.



She explained that the center diamond represented my boss.  The diamonds around it were the lives that she touched.

I cried when I saw it.

I hugged her tight.

It's perfect.

I don't wear jewelry very often.  And when I do...it's always simple and usually the same two or three things.

I'm going to wear this.  Not everyday of course.  But at least two or three times a week.  Because it's so pretty.  And because it reminds me of her.


Comments:

Leave a Reply