My First

Thursday, December 12, 2013


My firstborn is kind of weird.  He's 100% country.  And about 25 % redneck.  Ok...maybe 45 % redneck.



He finished school.  He's a working man now.



As of yesterday he is working about two hours away and staying with my parents during the week.

Do you know what that means?  He is gone during the week.  For five months.

FIVE MONTHS

WEEKDAYS

No Darren.

It sure makes a momma sad.  And the rest of the family too.

But I guess this happens.  Kids grow up.  And....eventually they leave home.  I guess this is sort of breaking me in for the time when he doesn't live here at all.

In the meantime....when he comes home on the weekend,  I am going to spend every waking moment with him.  I will follow him around and when he leaves the house I will tell him he can only be gone for 30 minutes and that is MAX.  And when he goes into his room and shuts the door, I will wait outside and knock every minute and say, "Are you done yet?  When are you coming out?"

Ok.  I won't do any of those things.

The house seems a little empty these days.  Maybe after awhile I will get used to it.

Maybe not.

This house sure feels strange without him here.  Even though staying at my parents house will be nice....I hope he looks forward to coming home on the weekends.

I hope he always looks forward to coming home.






Comments:

Leave a Reply